St Edmunds Church, Southwold. All Things Bright and BeautifulAugust 23, 2018
September 7-11, 2018
There will be a flower festival in St Edmunds Church to celebrate Harvest Festival with displays by many local voluntary groups depicting the words of the hymn, “All things bright and beautiful”, 200 years after the birth of its composer, Cecil Frances Alexander. The church has a zero single use plastic policy due to the recent awareness of the issues of plastic in the oceans. This has required developing new techniques for flower arranging and will incur additional expense so the proceeds of the festival will be split between the Church, the Church flower fund and the Marine Conservation Society to support their valuable efforts to promote cleaner oceans.
The festival will be open September 8th to 11th from 10-4 except during services.
- There is a preview evening on September 7th from 7-9. A chance to view the festival with friends.
- Cream teas will be on offer on Sunday 9th between 2 – 4
- Hot and cold drinks, cakes and biscuits will be available thought the festival
- Delicious home made jams and chutney in addition to hand made gifts will be on sale.
- There will also be a butterfly trail for young enthusiasts to follow around the Church.
- A display of material from the Marine Conservation Society will provide details of their work and ideas about how you can help.
Do please come and enjoy the festival. For tickets for the preview, further information or offers of help, please contact Mary Lomas at email@example.com or 01502 578126 or Jill Horne at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01502 723220.