Team Notices 12 MarchMarch 10, 2017
Friday 17th March 12-1.30pm Lent Lunch, St. Edmund’s Hall
Southwold Lent Lectures 2017
This year’s Lent Lectures will be on the subject of Christianity and the Arts. Following an introductory lecture on the subject in general, speakers who are also artists in their own right will reflect on the relationship between their Christian faith and the particular artistic form of expression in which they have expertise. Lectures at 6.00 p.m. on Sunday evenings in the United Reformed Church in Southwold High Street.
Tonight O sing unto the Lord a new song (Psalm 149:1) – The Venerable Ian Morgan
19 March Medievalism Made Modern: How the Gothic Revival Transformed British Christianity Dr Ayla Lepine
26 March Fiction – finding the truth about the human condition – Jo Browning Wroe
2 April Poetry of the Passion – The Revd Dr Malcolm Guite
9 April Painting -Mark Cazalet
Commonwealth Day – 13th March 2017 Southwold Town Council will be taking part in “Fly a Flag for the Commonwealth” at the Town Hall on March 13th 2017. The Town Mayor, Cllr Melanie Tucker will be reading the Commonwealth Affirmation at 9.55am along with a message from the Secretary-General, prior to the flag being flown from 10am. Everyone is invited to join the Mayor and Town Council at this event.
Saturday 25th March 11.00 – We are hosting the Diocesan annual Mother’s Union Lady Day Service of Holy Communion at St. Edmund’s, Southwold – all most welcome to attend.
Saturday, 1st April Coffee Morning, Reydon Village Hall. Cakes, prizes, stall items
- Passover/Agape Meal
- You are all invited to attend our Passover/Agape Meal on Wednesday 12th April at
- 00pm in St. Edmund’s Hall, Southwold. Tickets are £10 for adults and £5 for children under 12.
- The price includes a Lamb meal orVegetarian equivalent and wine or soft drinks.
- This celebration will be an excellent preparation for Maundy Thursday and our
- Easter celebrations. Tickets are available from your Church Rep.